Monday, April 20, 2009

~One Year~

This weekend Randy and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary...I know...crazy how fast time flies. Anyway...it's been a great year to say the least! But...I can say that I'm really glad that we got married last year and not this year (mostly the weather was amazing last year...and this year it was a bit cold...). We both decided to take a day off and spend the time together. I have forgotten how nice it was when we both worked at RC Willey and had the same days off. In the morning, we took our dog to my mom's who doggie sat for us so we could enjoy our day. Right after that we went to the temple and did a session. It was amazing...I can't say that I've had such a great experience there except for the first time I went though and of course our wedding day. It was awesome and I think it really just relaxed both of us. After that we went home and just lounged around for the afternoon...we had lunch and then stuffed cake in each other's faces again (pictures to follow). Most people said that our wedding cake would be gross after a year and it'd be all dried out and stuff, but I have to say...it was SO good!! We had our top layer a pumpkin chocolate chip cake with chocolate frosting in the middle, and of course the fondet frosting on the outside. The fondet was seriously our saving grace. It kept the cake so moist it was absolutely delicious! Of course, the fondet was not nearly as good for smashing as it was all dried out and crusty. :) Later in the afternoon, we went to the cheesecake factory for dinner. It was delicious! And Randy finally found something that he liked enough to go there more often...yay! We went to dinner right about 4:45, expecting a long wait like usual...but we actually walked right in and sat down. I can't say that's ever happened for us (we were there opening night and it took us 4 and 1/2 hours to get in). After dinner we went to see Phantom at Hale Center Theatre. It was really good. It wasn't Andrew Lloyd Weber's version so it was different but I'm glad that now I can say I've seen both. After that it was back home and back to reality...but I can say it was a fantastic weekend and I'm so happy to be married to my best friend!






Randy bought me 1 rose since it was our 1st anniversary




After I shoved Cake in his face...



He got me back...and he's had practice. :)



The makeup kiss...

2 comments:

Manda Jane Clawson said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I'm glad you guys had a great day :) Fondant frosting rocks when it comes to wedding cakes- ours tasted like it did on our wedding day!

Jammie said...

So you've probably noticed that Randy is my favorite person, next to my 3 boys. I am so glad he married someone I like as much as I like him! Your an awesome sister :o)