Friday, January 2, 2009

~Why I love Utah in the Winter~

Can I just say how much I love Utah in the winter? It is absolutely beautiful. So the other morning, Randy was being lazy and didn't want to get up with the dog to take him outside. This meant that at 7AM I had to get up and dare the cold morning air. However, I'm SO glad that it was me who had to. It was a crisp morning, like usual in December. The snow was fresh but the skies were clear and the sun was begining to rise. It was the most beautiful sunrise I've ever seen. It helps that Randy and I live on a bench overlooking the valley and all the pretty mountains covered in snow. As soon as I walked outside, I knew this was a photograph moment. I ran inside as quickly as I could and grabbed my camera and starting snapping shots. As time went on, the sky got brighter and more beautiful. And this is just some of the photos I took...Needless to say, This is why I love Utah! All in all, I couldn't be mad at Randy for not getting up with the dog when I got to witness something as beautiful as this morning was. I couldn't even be frustrated that I couldn't get back to sleep. It was a great morning! I love this last photo because you can still see the city lights in the valley. I love where we live!


3 comments:

Manda Jane Clawson said...

Wow what amazing pictures!!! I have to say I love winter in Utah too :)

Jewls said...

Laura that is beautiful! I might have to steal one of those pictures and put it on my desktop to remind myself that winter is not really "all that bad"! Love ya!

Facade of Shadows said...

I HATE the winter! Nice pictures though ;)