Friday, May 21, 2010

~Item Crossed off the Bucket List~

So for a while now I've had a list of things that I wanted to do before I die...some of these have fallen into the bucket list of doing before we have kids. These are the ones that are probably more dangerous, or time consuming. On the top of this list was what I was able to do on Wednesday. Yup...SKYDIVING! When we lost the baby, I told Randy that it was a must for us to go before we tried to get pregnant again...so...we got back from Mexico, and our friends told us that they were going a week later. I asked them to put us on the list to go with them...and luckily things worked out and we were able to go. And can I just say...it was AMAZING!!! I don't think I've ever done something so exhilarating in my life. 12,000 ft fall...about 7000 of that was a complete free fall. Oh my gosh...it was SO awesome!!! I'm not going to lie...the ride up to the drop point was rather nerve racking. I was nervous and arguing with myself about it the whole time. I knew I wasn't going to chicken out, but I had to keep telling myself that it would be worth it. And let me tell you...it so was! When the plane leveled out, the doors opened, and out we went. I was the last one out of the plane, there were like 10 people jumping before me, and by the time everyone else jumped, I wasn't even thinking about it. I got to the doors, looked down, but I'm pretty sure my mind couldn't comprehend that I would be falling towards the ground. And then, Chris (my tandem jumper) pushed me out the door. 60 seconds of free falling, and I seriously felt like Superman. I have never experience anything like it...and it was fantastic! My childhood dream when I was younger was that I could fly, and this was the closest thing to it. When we hit 4000 feet, we pulled the parachute and about 10 minutes later, we were on the ground. My landing was pretty easy, but after I landed, I saw Randy coming down, and his guide missed the spot he was supposed to land, and I heard Randy hit the ground...pretty hard. He bruised his tailbone pretty bad, but he said that the dive was worth it. I'm sure we will go again, so if you'd like to join us...it's totally worth it!!! Best thing on my bucket list so far.


Me, Randy, Randy, and Marc right after we landed

4 comments:

Jess n' Blake said...

Way to go crazy lady! ;) Glad it was a blast!!

The Life Of Patrick and Hil said...

Skydiving is an absolute thrill! I loved it too! I'm glad you are doing all these fun things while you can!

Tanya said...

WOW...you are much braver than I would be. Way to go!! Sounds fun (in an i-would-never-get-up-the-guts-to-do-that kind of a way). :)

Manda Jane Clawson said...

OH. MY. HECK. I've ALWAYS wanted to do that! I'm so jealous!!!!