Monday, May 7, 2012

~Changes~

Ok....So I know you are all dying to know what's going on in my life. Well...Let's begin on my birthday. I was pretty much feeling pretty crappy all day long but I chalked it up to not sleeping very well and being super stressed with Christmas, work etc. The next day something odd happened. I woke up and felt super sick, however after having some words with my toilet I was super hungry and the sickness went away. Yup...been here before. haha! I knew immediately what that little test would say. I pretty much spent the next couple of months (Yes...I did say months...) not really doing anything because I couldn't be to far away from the bathroom. But with as bad as constantly throwing up is, I was thrilled to be pregnant. For those of you who don't know, it took a pretty long time. After the miscarriage Randy and I took the doctors advice not to get pregnant for like 5 months, so after that time was up we began "trying." We had gone over 18 months and nothing. Now I know this is nothing compared to some of the people I know, but I had pretty much given up on getting pregnant on our own, after all...that wasn't a huge shock to me. Randy and I after much discussion decided that we were going to have one last summer of fun. He wouldn't be working his job anymore and we would have 3-4 day weekends every weekend for 3 months. We'd travel and do everything we ever wanted to. Then in August we'd talk to my doctor about starting fertility treatment. So of course that's when things actually happened. haha! We probably planned like 5 different vacations and they all fell through! Lords hand? Yup...I had no idea I would be limited on certain things in my life. To say this hasn't been the easiest pregnancy on my would be an understatement to say the least, but every time I feel my little lemon head (that's what Randy always called him) move I can't help but smile. So...major change in life number one...having a little boy in August. Ok...so that's not all folks. I didn't actually want to say anything about this next change until I knew for sure everything had been approved, but since that approval happened today, I can officially say that after almost 5 years I am moving real estate brokers. This for me is probably the biggest change that I wasn't expecting. But certain things happened that lead to all this and I felt like this would be the best move. So as of June, I will be with Keller Williams, which I am super excited about. I've never been with a bigger brokerage and they have a lot of things to offer, so I will learn a ton and hopefully get a lot better in real estate. Oh...and for those of you who are curious, I am absolutely still working with the financial company (there have been a lot of changes with them too, they merged with Transamerica in Jan. which rocks!!) But that is why things had to be approved before the move could be official. My goal with all this is to substantially grow both business's. Oh...and I guess I can't say that all my vacations got trampled this year, we did unexpectedly book a trip (our last as a single couple) to Mexico...yup...7 days of laying on a beach soaking up the sun. And I'm sure there's a massage in my very near future. But I will post about all our adventures later as well as pictures. Sometimes I feel pretty overwhelmed with all the changes that are happening in the next couple of months but I am reminded that if nothing in life changes we wouldn't be able to grow and get better. So here's to change!!

4 comments:

Jess n' Blake said...

I am so stinkin excited for you! It's great that your job has taken a good change too. Lots of new changes, but I'm sure it will be full of fun! (and lack of sleep....) ;) Hope you're feeling better with all the sick stuff now! And enjoy your trip to Mexico!!

~Tara said...

Congratulations!! That's SO SO exciting!! :0)

Tanya said...

Congrats on all your fun changes... but especially with the little boy! Kids are the best! Boys are so fun!!

Manda Jane Clawson said...

so so so excited for you guys :) yay baby!!!