Tuesday, July 12, 2011

~The Remodel Part 2~

Ok...so I'm a huge slacker when it comes to keeping this thing updated. Mostly because I have had better and more important things to do then to try to think of something to blog about. And although I have multiple things to talk about, there's a part of me that is kinda done with the blogging world. But...I do kinda use this thing as my journal so I guess I should keep it updated. Over this last 4th of July weekend I conned my brother in law into helping me install hard wood floors. We've had the unfinished wood sitting in our garage for about 6 or 7 months now and I figured now is as good of time as any to get this project done. Not to mention the fact that I'm so ridiculously tired of looking at our nasty carpet it's insane. So...He hauled his family down and sold them as slaves to me for the next week. It's been a super long week and I'm glad to say that all the hard work is over...and it looks fantastic! It was totally worth it (mind you I didn't do all of the hard work, Shane did...). And I'm also happy to report that Randy and I are still happily married (mind you...he was at work the entire time so I didn't have to work with him...AKA no fights. haha!). Anyway...Here are some pictures since I know you are all dying to see them. :)


The Before Pictures:


Pulling up baseboards/Carpet

Cleaning up with the shop vac

My Niece playing with the shop vac :)


The first layer of floor

Me telling Shane what to do (not really...I had no clue what to do)


Finally done laying the floor, and the glue takes like a week to come off!

Floor filled with fiberglass stuff to fill the holes

Sanding the floor to make it all smooth

The only work Randy really did on the floor haha! putting on the finish



Half done...Half not

The Finished Product

Baseboards on...and dogs enjoying the slippery floor :)

4 comments:

Jess n' Blake said...

Nice! I bet the dogs will have a hard time running down the stairs and stopping. Dents in the walls?

Jewls said...

That looks fantastic! When we buy a house (in like ten years, lol) I'll have to utilize all these mad skills you're acquiring!

Mindy said...

The floor looks amazing! Well done.

Manda Jane Clawson said...

It looks GREAT! Awesome job!