Tuesday, July 7, 2009

~Scuba Diving and the 4th of July~

So...most people that know Randy know how much he loves to scuba dive. It is one of the few physical activities that actually excite him. After we got back from the Bahamas and he went scuba diving with his dad, it's been non stop pressure from him to get certified and go with him. For a really long time I refused to get certified because mostly...I'm terrified of water. ha! Not so much of being in the water...but being under the water. If I could have my nose plugged there would be no issue...but since I can't...it seriously freaks me out. But, I have to admit, I was rather jealous that Randy and his dad had so much fun, and I wasn't there to share in it. So...Randy has agreed to help me conquer my fear of water and I agreed to get certified (This will be a picture of me one day! ha!). We didn't have any plans for the 4th, mostly because any holiday is a work day for Randy...but such is life. He wasn't supposed to get off work until 7pm, which pretty much shoots the sugar house park fireworks idea. So...we just planned to stay home and just hang out. However, Randy got off a little early, and with it being extremely hot, we headed for the pool. Luckily, (with it being the 4th and all) the pool was practically deserted, leaving me to figure out how to swim without the fear of being mocked by little fearless kids. Randy thought I did really well. He was like "your not hyperventilating or anything!" Yeah...not on the outside! Anyway, after about a hour and a half in the pool, I was able to go under the water and not freak out too bad. So...I'm thinking this certifying thing will be easier then I thought. But then again...3 feet is WAY different then 30. :) After my swim lesson, we went back to the house and watched a movie. Then we started to hear some fireworks go off and Randy got all antsy. I told him that I had some fireworks in the car (they had been there for like 3 years) that he could light off, since we couldn't really afford any this year. Next year, Randy decided that we're going up to Wyoming and spending like $300 on real fireworks and blowing some stuff up. ha! So...all in all it was a pretty good weekend...I conquered my fear, and Randy got to light some stuff on fire. Hope everyone had a great 4th!

2 comments:

Jess n' Blake said...

Sounds like a great 4th! Personally, I think with everything else you do, you'll be able to conquer scuba diving too. :) Good luck!

Manda Jane Clawson said...

That's so fun that you are getting certified! I'm way jealous :)