Friday, September 18, 2009

~Weekend Getaway~

So...the last couple of weeks at work have been ridiculously stressful. It has gotten to the point where I'm not really enjoying my job that much because of all the drama that's going on. Well, I pretty much had a mental breakdown and told Randy that I never wanted to go back. Randy, being the sweet husband that he is, suggested that we get out of town that weekend. Since we had a time share, I suggested bear lake. We called them, and of course they didn't have anything open for like 5 weeks. Not quite what I wanted, but it will do. So I continued to go to work, just looking forward to our weekend getaway that was a few weeks away. Well, fortunately the time went quickly and last weekend we were able to go up and spend some much needed time together. Randy decided to take Saturday off, and I took monday off, so after my class on saturday, we packed and left for bear lake. It was so nice to be able to not worry about work, or life for a little while. But just so everyone knows, if you want to do activities in bear lake, like water stuff, or hiking caves, etc...you need to go before Labor Day, otherwise you will have no such luck. We got there and everything was closed for the summer. But we didn't mind. We drove to the beach and skipped rocks. I know this sounds kinda lame, but it was actually very entertaining. Monday we checked out of the condo (which, by the way, was bigger then our condo and WAY nice) and drove to Tremonton. My sister in law is building a house there and since I sold her the land, I figured I should go and see the progress on the house. It was pretty cool, and was really good to see her again. After eating dinner with them, Randy and I were on our way back home, to reality. :) Anyway, it was a great weekend and I'm so glad that I was able to spend some much needed time with Randy.




Chillin on the couch

A cool view

Searching for the Perfect Rock

Randy and me in shadow form

4 comments:

Jewls said...

I love bear lake! I used to drive there all the time with my roommate, and me and Lance definitely miss taking afternoon drives to play on the beach and enjoy a raspberry shake!

Jess n' Blake said...

Even living in Logan I never went and played there... Glad you got a good break from it though!!

Manda Jane Clawson said...

I'm sorry things have been so stressful for you at work :( I hope things get better! I'm glad you got to have a weekend with your hubby tho!!!

Unknown said...

Bear Lake is beautiful! I miss it! I'm glad you got a weekend away with Randy. It's the best medicine. I hope work gets/got better for you!