Tuesday, September 1, 2009

~Note to Self~

So...I've always been the independent sort who hates having to have a guy do anything for me. This has been especially true when it comes to Car issues. However, for some reason, a girl can't walk into an auto shop without feeling out of place, or like she's being taken advantage of simply because she doesn't know enough about cars to not be. Mostly I think this is ridiculous...however, it has happened to me more then once. So a few blogs ago, I went on a rampage about getting a flat tire on the freeway...blah blah blah. So...3 months go by, and about 6000 miles later, and I go out to my car, and low and behold, my rear tire is flat. Now...I know that on Friday, that tire was fine, and since I hadn't driven since then, It simply went flat in my garage. Logic tells me that that means that all it needs is a little air, and probably nothing more. So Randy and I run to walley world and pick up a WAY too expensive little machine that pumps up your tire using your cigarette lighter. It takes us about 5 minutes to get the tire up to the PSI level it needs to be at. We then decide that we should take it in at get the tire patched, or whatever needed to be done. So I'm driving down the road and Randy's following me and suddenly (after only a mile or so) he calls and tells me I have to pull over. I do, just to find that my tire is flat again. Luckily we pulled into a gas station so we go to the air pump and pump it back up again...however, doing this blows a HUGE hole in my tire and about 10 seconds later, the tire is completely flat again. Long story short, we get a tow truck, go back to BIG-O tire, only to find that the dumb sales guy before was selling me piece of crap tires because they were in my price range. So...for all you people who DON'T know...Each tire has a mile warranty on it, the more miles, the more expensive, but the longer they'll last. So I had 20,000 mile tires on my car (CRAP), and all I had to do was spend an extra $20 a tire to get 40,000 mile tires that would last TWICE AS LONG!!! So..when buying a tire, ask what the mileage warranty is on that tire. DO NOT get the 20,000 tire, even if its the cheapest cuz you'll end up replacing it every year and for a measly $20 more, you can get twice the mileage!

5 comments:

Jess n' Blake said...

Aw man, that stinks! Hopefully you got some better tires this time around. :) And I totally understand the whole girl power thing. It seems non-existent over here. 'Hi, I can take care of myself. What can you do?' ;)

Manda Jane Clawson said...

I'm sorry Laura! That is no fun :( I always have to have Scott take the cars in or go buy the tires because I always get taken advantage of lol

Jewls said...

That sucks! I hate car places too...in fact, I even hate putting gas in the car. And I have no problem letting Lance do anything car related...he is a boy after all, isn't that one reason there are boys?!

Natalie said...

Ooo.. I hate the raised eyebrows and talking-down I get when I walk into a car place. It makes me sooo mad. Too bad I really don't know much about cars, otherwise I'd show them who's boss. :)

Anonymous said...

Dunk sb
air jordan
ok