Wednesday, August 25, 2010

~Tile~

Oh my gosh...we're finally done! Anyone who is looking to tile themselves, just remember things. 1...it's going to take a lot more tile then you expect. Even if you bring in the measurements to Home Depot, and they get you with their tile expert...they're wrong...you'll probably need twice that. In our case, 3 times that. 2...take the amount of time that you think it's going to take you...and double or triple that as well. ha! Everytime that we tried to start actually laying down the tile, we realized that there was more prep work to be done. Even after we laid most of the tile, we realized there was still more stuff to be done. 3...when people tell you that walls are never straight, don't dispute it. Even if the walls look perfectly straight to your eye...they are not! The faster you accept this, the less headache you'll have. I've suffered enough headaches for all of you. :) Overall...it was a TON of work, but it looks fantastic! And I mean...FANTASTIC! I love it! the only downside is that now I want to do more stuff to my home...like carpet, kitchen cabinets, etc...but that will have to wait. For now, we're taking a break on the home inprovements and just resting...possibly for a while. But we'll see. I'll post pics in a bit, but since I don't have my camera with me, they will have to wait.

3 comments:

Jewls said...

I'll have to remember this post if we ever have a house! ;)

Excited to see pics, way to go guys!!

Jess n' Blake said...

Haha congrats on getting it done though!! And now you're wiser and if you ever have to do it again you'll know exactly what to expect! ;)

Manda Jane Clawson said...

You guys are awesome!!! Good job :) Can't wait to see pictures!!!