Thursday, August 5, 2010

~Vegas Baby~

Yes..I'm alive, Still as busy as ever, but I figured that this last week was worth blogging about. Ever since I started with World Financial Group, I've been told by everyone that I absolutely have to go to Convention. I never really understood why, but after hearing all the great things about it, I couldn't help but get excited to experience it myself. Randy, however, was not so much enthuse (probably because he didn't realize that he'd actually be going to the workshops with me, he thought he'd just be able to read a book by the pool all day...yup..he was wrong!). But, my excitement for the week was high, and I couldn't wait to go. So Tuesday night we made the trip down to Vegas. It was a great drive, we drove at dusk so we were able to watch the sunset, which we haven't done together in WAY too long. Wednesday started the festivities, and it was non stop running since the start. But...it far surpassed my expectation. The speakers were absolutely amazing. Even Randy was getting excited about it. We were both exhausted from the trip down, and not really getting any sleep while we were there, but I think it was impossible to fall asleep listening to these people. The convention was 3 days and amazing doesn't even begin to describe it. Friday night, though, we decided to skip out on a part of it (mostly because we planned things before the convention schedule was up) and went to see O. If you haven't seen this show...it is a MUST see! It was absolutely phenominal! My parents were in town because they were coming back from vacation so they went with us. Saturday, we went to breakfast, and then met up with my brother and his friends (who were down there as well) and went to lunch. I found it pretty amusing that we all planned a trip to vegas at the same time, and didn't really know about it. Anyway, it was a great week and I'm so glad that Randy was able to be there with me.

3 comments:

Jewls said...

Wow, sounds like fun! I need to take Lance to Vegas one of these days...

Sounds like you're super busy, but if you have a sec you should post some pics :)

Jess n' Blake said...

Sounds like you had a good time! Some day I'll have to go just to say I've been... ;)

Manda Jane Clawson said...

I'm so glad you guys had a good time!! We are going to Vegas for a convention for Scotts work in a few weeks. Unforturntly I CANT go to all the stuff but I'm going to have to see O!!!